This course is a synopsis of warranty financial analysis, reporting principles and methods for product warranty cost estimation. The targeted audience is any professional who is part of or works with a warranty team or managers dedicated to continuous business improvement.
At completion of this course, students will:
• Be able to calculate and price an extended warranty or service contract.
• Be able to profile warranty claims rate over the life of a product.
• Be able to glean warranty figures from public financial records.
• Understand and be able to use accurate forecasting methods and product accrual estimations.
• Understanding of the financial perspective of using business/financial metrics to drive warranty cost models.
• Understand and be able to analyze the relationship between payments and reserves.
• Understanding of the effects of finance and cost estimation on managing supplier recovery.
• Understand the best methods of communicating financial information through presentations and visuals.